I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yummy Dinner!!!

I was very ambitious yesterday (or I just need to go shopping really bad so I had to make do with what I had) and decided to make home made flour tortillas, which I've never made before. Justin, oddly enough, has made them, and I loved them when he did, so I thought I'd give it a try. Justin has never liked them when he's made them, but he liked mine. I think the difference was that his were a lot thicker and cooked a lot longer. I was very proud of myself. They turned out so well and were delicious....but I don't think I'll ever make them again unless I get myself a tortilla press. Rolling them out to as thin as they needed to be was killer on my arms (and I doubled the recipe, which I was regretting!) because I only have a not so great, very small roller. Here's how they looked...(They weren't perfectly round because I just didn't care that much, but they still tasted amazing!) And obviously we needed something to go with it (and in our house Monday is Mexican night) so I made these, too...(Black beans) And this, too...(Mexican rice) So what do you get when you put all this yummy food together?....A better-than-restaurant-quality-homemade meal. And a happy family.

2 comments:

  1. Yum Yum! That does look delicious. I am totally amazed by your coupon savings too. I keep telling my husband he needs to get in on that. He is a total bargain hunter and he is the one home all day, but he has yet to try it. I may have to devote some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It all looks delightful to me, but then everything that I have seen you make looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete