I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Celebrating 7 wonderful years!

This past weekend Justin and I had the opportunity to go celebrate our anniversary. I was so excited!!! We don't go out much these days and I couldn't wait to have a date with the hottest man alive. Thanks to my wonderful sister and her family that watched our kids we were able to spend almost an entire day just the 2 of us. It was so great! First we headed to the Oakland Temple for a session. Since that's where we were sealed we thought it was the perfect place to celebrate. We've been wanting to go back, but now that we have the Sacramento Temple so close we just haven't brought ourselves to do it. This was the perfect opportunity, and we were so glad we did. It brought back great memories!(Don't mind the bad lighting!) Next, we went out to dinner, which was such a treat because we NEVER go out to dinner anymore. If you haven't heard of restaurants.com I suggest checking it out. Every now and then (pretty often, actually) they have sales where you can buy gift certificates for 80% off. So we decided to take advantage of that and try somewhere new. We ended up going to Carino's Italian and it was so yummy, yummy, yummy! We payed $2 for a $25 gift certificate. We ended up spending about $25 altogether, including the price of the gift certificate, tax and tip , for about $40 worth of food. So yes, needless to say, we walked out of there totally stuffed and had leftovers, too. It was an awesome deal. We both loved what we got. One of the things I loved best about the place was that on their menu it specifically states that they will customize your meal however you want it...and if you know me, you know that's a major plus in my book! The other thing I really liked was that they have these "private" tables where you can close the curtains and be separated from the rest of the restaurant, which was perfect for a romantic anniversary dinner. It also helped cut out a lot of the noise. It just made it more peaceful and intimate. It got 2 thumbs up from us, and I would definitely go there again. That was the end of our actual anniversary celebration, but we ended the evening with a karaoke party, which is one of our favorite things to do. Here's the whole gang...most of them are old friends of mine from growing up.And just like old times, here's Trent and Ronnie singing some crazy song. It was such a fun day, and I was so grateful to spend it all with Justin. It was great to just get away and have some fun and not have to think about work or kids or stress.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been back to the Oakland Temple since my wedding day! So awesome that you two did a session for you anniversary. Congrats on 7 years! I will be following in a few months my self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am VERY SAD I missed this! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete