I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Who said white girls can't jump???

We just found out today that at Hannah's track meet on Saturday she got 3rd place in the standing long jump. We didn't stay long enough on Saturday to hear the announcements of who won or get her ribbon...so she found out today. The reason this is even more significant than the running races is because with the field events they compete against their entire group in their same gender instead of just in one individual heat against 4 or 5 other girls. So, Hannah is in group 4, which consists of all the 5 and 6 year olds. So for the field events she competes against ALL of the 5 and 6 year old girls. There's probably atleast 50 girls in her group, so getting 3rd place is pretty awesome! It's a really big deal! We are so proud of her. The standing long jump, we've noticed, has definitely been her specialty. So...I want to know who ever said white girls can't jump anyways? Go Hannah!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! 50 girls and she was in 3rd place? :D That is so awesome! Hannah just proved to everyone in the world that white girls CAN jump! Congrats to you, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete