I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

3 down, 1 to go...

So, I am safe to say now that Ava is officially potty trained. I have been holding out on writing this post, just for fear of a relapse, but I think we're free and clear. I must say that Ava has been BY FAR my easiet child to potty train. She originally was interested when Landon was potty training, but I wasn't up for doing two at the same time, especially because Landon was IMPOSSIBLE to potty train. I just couldn't take doing another child, too. So I pretty much discouraged Ava from doing it. Sad, I know. Later I decided I would try with her, but of course, she wasn't interested since it was on my time, not hers, so I gave up very easily. I didn't want to fight it like I did with Landon for so long. Well, more recently I was talking to another one of the moms at preschool and she told me she just decided to put her daughter in underwear and she went on the potty from then on, just because she was not wearing a diaper anymore. I figured I needed to try it since Ava is now 3, and I know she is very capable of doing it. Well, I am so excited to say, that it worked like a dream! She pretty much potty trained herself. She goes to the bathroom when she needs to go and doesn't need anyone in there with her. It's awesome!!! It was much needed after my experience with Landon. She started out with having an average of one accident per day, but that was easy to handle, especially since it was always right next to the toilet, she just didn't make it on time. I am so excited that I have 3 kids down and only 1 to go with this potty training business!

No comments:

Post a Comment