16 years ago
Sunday, October 9, 2011
2 Baby Blessings in 1 Day!
Our Sabbath was a very special one today. We got to enjoy two special baby blessings all in the same day. The first one was for one of my bestfriend's adorable baby girl. She was a very long awaited special spirit, so it was a very exciting occasion! Montez and her sweet little Olivia girl.Proud parents.More family.
The second baby blessing of the day was for my nephew, Joseph. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite as pleasant of an experience for a couple different reasons. And because of the bit of chaos I didn't get even a single picture. I was pretty bummed. The first thing that happened was that earlier in the day I had asked Justin what time we needed to leave. He responded with "a quarter to 1:00". I obviously wasn't paying too close attention when I gladly accepted his answer, only to realize that when 12:45 rolled around, their ward actually STARTED at 1:00! We frantically got in the car and called my sister, Char. I felt so bad to have caused them so much drama and distraction on what should have been a very special and spiritual day. We finally hung up the phone with them as their Sacrament Meeting was starting. They decided they would wait for us to get there and do it afterward in the bishop's office. We felt bad, but were happy that they planned on waiting for us. We definitely didn't want to miss it. We got there about half way through Sacrament Meeting. Our kids were crazy and not interested in sitting through another Sacrament Meeting. The meeting ended, and then we kind of hung out in the back waiting to greet my sister and her family. After we all exchanged hugs and "Hello's" we were ready to set off to the Bishop's office. I looked around to make sure we had all our kids and realized I didn't see Landon. I asked Justin where Landon was. He had no idea. I asked Hannah where Landon was. She didn't know. I asked the cousins where Landon was. No clue. I immediately went outside calling his name, came back inside frantically circling the building and calling his name, trying not to look too crazy, but not caring even if I did. I made my way around the whole building back to the rest of the family only to find, still no Landon. I got even more frantic and crazy. What I have failed to mention, is that this is one of those church buildings that is bigger than a mini temple. It has two chapels and an upstairs. It's huge! I felt like I didn't even know what to do or where else to look because I had covered all the hallway ground. All these horrible thoughts came flashing through my mind about who could have taken my poor child, and how easily it could be for them to not get caught because of how big the building is, and us not knowing anyone there. I started to make my second round when I met up with Justin, whom, to my utter relief had found Landon. He was upstairs and in Primary. Well, why didn't I think of that?! He didn't know we weren't going straight to Primary after Sacrament Meeting. I don't know how he knew where it was, but I'm just assuming he followed all the rest of the kids flooding to the upstairs. It was probably the scariest experience I have ever had in my life. If you've ever thought you lost your kid, and I mean REALLY thought you lost them, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. I am just glad it ended well, and hope that I never have to experience that again! The blessing was nice, though, and I'm glad we got to end the day on a high note. Congratulations to Gene and Montez and Char and Oliver for the very special day, and thanks for allowing us to be part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh man I haven't commented on your blog in such a long time, but I have been reading!
ReplyDeleteI know what it's like to worry about your kid getting lost!!! The worst feeling in the whole world. Chloe has always been an escape artist.
Hannah is so cute...she is always saying such sweet things. It's neat that she knows Jesus so well.
And I can't believe Ava is potty trained! Chloe is not quite ready yet, but she has gone on her own a few time...just pee-pee though. And on her own terms.
Glad to see you all doing well! I hope you are loving Roseville! Aaron and I wanted to move there so many times. :)
Love ya! Ash