I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Fun Bucket

Since summer is quickly coming to a close I thought we better get in a few more Summer Fun Bucket activities. We made home made apple juice popsicles.YUM!

We also went to our local "duck lake" to feed the ducks.Hannah enjoyed it. Landon was scared of the ducks, but had fun from a distance. But Ava....WELL!!! If I had known how much fun it would be for her I would have done this long ago!!! SHE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! She kept running around and laughing and jumping up and down in excitement. It was so funny!Here she was covering her mouth while laughing. Hilarious!It took a lot of convincing to get Landon to do this picture. Glad I got it, though...they're so cute!

Another fun idea we did was making a bird feeder. We got creative and used an ice cream cone (it's what I had), covered it with peanut butter and rolled it in bird seeds.We hung it from the only tree in our front yard and hoped to see birds enjoying our home made treat, but we never did. At least we still had fun making it!

Other things we have done that I did not get pictures of: Story Time (at home), go get ice cream, build a fort, go to the Live Oak Penny Candy Store (where they literally have candy for a penny and $.50 HUGE shaved ice), Slip-n-Slide, bake a treat (we did a mexican chocolate cake), swim in the kiddie pool, go to the free Concert in the Park (I enjoyed it, but the kids...not so much!), had a talent show, went to a GoldSox game and organized and donated toys from the toy room. It was an eventful and fun Summer, and now we are ready for school to start...not excited, just ready! :-) And we still have lots of ideas left in our Summer Fun Bucket that we can do next year. Hoorraaay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment