I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Monday, August 29, 2011

2 going on 12!

Ava has been so funny lately! She is definitely our child that has limitless personality! And it's a good thing she's so cute and funny, because she is such a stinker! :-) Within the past week here are some of the funny things she's said/done:

1. Landon was done going to the bathroom (#2) and he was calling for me or Justin to come wipe him. Neither of us answered right away but Ava did, "Okay. I coming. I wipe you." Justin and I just looked at eachother and laughed it off not really thinking she would do it. I mean come on, she's 2 and he's 4! We came to find out from Landon that she really did! SERIOUSLY?!!! Justin and I were cracking up in a grossed out, sort-of twisted way.

2. Later that day, Landon put on a dress-up dress (no need to comment here!) and he asked for help with zipping it up. Ava immediately came to his rescue and cheerfully zipped up big brother's dress for him. As if that didn't give us enough of a laugh, while she was doing it I said, "Ava, how old are you?" Her response: "Twelve." With that response everything started making sense! She thinks she's older, like a babysitter kind of age, so that's why she wants to help Landon out so much and "take care" of Noah all the time. So funny!

3. One day she was gettin into my room doing something she wasn't supposed to do, so naturally I told her to stop, and when she didn't I asked, "Ava, do you want to go in time out?" With the attitude (of a 12 year old) she answered, "No. Do you?" If I hadn't been so amused and entertained by her far-too-clever-for-her-age answer, she would've been in big trouble for that one! ;-)

4. Today after she was done eating her cereal I told her, "If you don't want any peaches then please go wash your hands and face." She then said, "Actually, I do." What?! Actually?! Really?! How old is she again? She's ACTUALLY been saying ACTUALLY a lot lately. I think I ACTUALLY just figured out where she got it from. :-)

5. Later today, she was dressed up and pretending that she was Ariel (her favorite princess). She needed a diaper change, so I took the dress-up skirt off of her and while I changed her, Landon put on the skirt she had on (yeah, once again, comments unnecessary). At the top of her little 2 year old lungs she yelled, "You can't wear that! You not Ariel! You Cinda-bwella!" I couldn't keep myself from laughing! She didn't want Landon to not wear the skirt because he's a boy or because she had it first or any other logical reason, but because he is Cinderella?! She is too funny!

Life definitely wouldn't be quite as entertaining or fun without Ava around! We love our little miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment