I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

27!!! Aaaahhh!!!

I woke up this morning, after getting to sleep in, to breakfast in bed. Justin made me delicious poppyseed muffins, with a side of grapes and some Ovaltine. Man, he knows me well!! :-) Since we're still in Vacaville, we went to my sister's ward. I even got some candy in Relief Society for my birthday. After church, Justin slaved away in the kitchen all day and made me the most delicious dinner and desserts! The Gentrys set the table nice and made me feel special with a "Happy Birthday" banner and a different place setting just for me.
Grandma Judy fed the cute baby while final preparations for dinner were being made.
Hannah even gave me a crown to wear.
Landon was getting sleepy waiting for dinner to be ready.
But everyone gathered around the table.
And my favorite meal (Creamy Spinach and Tortellini) was finally ready!
It was OH SO GOOD! Wendy, Russ, Justin and I all agreed that it was better than the restaurant Italian food we had the night before. Yes, it is that good! Then it was time for yummy dessert. Justin made three. My birthday cake, which was chocolate zucchini cake, cherry cheesecake and coconut cream pie. They were all delicious!
Then everyone just kind of hung out and had a good time.
It was the perfect birthday and birthday weekend! I was completely spoiled and loved every minute of it! Thank you to the best husband in the world that always tries to go above and beyond to make me feel special! I am so blessed! Back to life...back to reality...:-(

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck!!! I totally missed your birthday! Im so sorry! I should have called! Well happy birthday--here's to another year older. I didn't know you were only a year younger than me. You have 4 kids and I am only on baby number 2. Man time flies!

    ReplyDelete