I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Friday, September 30, 2011

"F-artsy" Date

Justin planned this totally fun (stay-at-home) date that he titled "F-artsy" Date Night. Everything we did had to do with art in some way or another and it all started with the "F" sound. It was VERY creative! I was so impressed! We had a lot of fun! The first thing he said is that I needed to either choose Film or Photography. I chose photography, so he handed over my digital camera and told me I was in charge of taking pictures of our date throughout the night. He was then left with the film, so he documented part of our night with our video camera. Next category was Fashion. He said we would both have 10 minutes to put together an outfit for the evening made out of anything but clothes. We had to get creative. Here is what Justin came up with.
His outfit was made from a plastic tablecloth and electrical tape. Pretty hot! Mine, on the other hand, wasn't very "family-blog friendly", so no picture. Sorry. But I will say that the skirt I made completely from plastic grocery bags was pretty awesome! It was kind of hula skirt style. We then moved onto Finger painting. We each had a canvas and only had our fingers and paint to do a portrait of eachother. Here's how they turned out (please keep in mind that we are VERY amateur artists!).
Our next category was Formation where we had to form anything we wanted out of clay. Justin created a very impressive "Crush" turtle from Finding Nemo.
My finished product was a less-than-stellar place setting (bowl, plate, cup, fork, spoon).
Our last task was with Food. We had all the fixin's for a brownie sundae, but we were to see who could create the best presentation. Here's Justin's.
His didn't turn out like he was hoping it would. The ice cream kept melting all over the place, resulting in a big pile of mess. But it's the taste that matters anyways, right? Mine, on the other hand, turned out exactly like I wanted it to.
I made a ball of ice cream, and rolled it in pecans. It fit perfectly right on top of the brownie. And yes, it tasted as delicious as it looks, although, neither of us could finish ours...we should've just worked together to create one to share. Anyways, that concluded our evening, and I must say...it was a total blast! I have the best husband ever! I am so grateful that he continues to date me even though we're married, and that he takes interest in helping plan date nights. He is so awesome! Can't wait to see what he comes up with next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment