I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Friday, September 16, 2011

50's Sock Hop

Justin is the Stake Physical Activities Specialist in our stake, and we love dancing, so he decided to put on a stake dance. Unfortunately, it was a HORRIBLE turn out, but fortunately, we had a total blast! The first hour was just learing how to dance the swing (and other dances from that era) from YouTube videos. It was really fun to be able to have those dances to practice throughout the rest of the night. We practically danced our feet off and were completely sore by the end of the night. We surely burned a lot of calories that night! ;-) And I am getting pretty creative in my old age. I made my own poodle skirt. I thought it actually turned out great!
Our friends, the Landons, joined us for a little while. They are always so much fun to hang out with!
Justin was funny...when he saw me, he was pretty excited by how I looked. He liked my "costume". He said I would've been hot back in the 50's. Hmmm...should've been born back then.
He looked pretty good himself.
Practicing our cool moves.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to go to that, but I was confused if it was for single adults. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete