I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Animal Planet

Something freaky is in the air! I can't figure out what's going on around my house. The only thing I can think of is that maybe someone is trying to pull some kind of weird prank on me. Maybe I'm going to be a t.v. star and find myself on Punk'd! Let me explain... If anyone knows anything about me, you would know that I DO NOT LIKE ANIMALS! And even that is probably an understatement! Sometimes I think they're cute or fun to look at, but only FROM A DISTANCE. Meanwhile, yesterday as I was sitting in the office I heard a meow that sounded really close by. It sounded like a young kitten so I decided to step outside my front door to see if I could see it, and sure enough, there is was on my front porch. It was very small, all grey, but as soon as Justin and the kids got in on the action the kitten got scared and ran away. Justin thought it would be fun to go in our back yard to try and track down the little kitty to see if it ran back there. To his (and my) surprise he found two other small kittens hanging out in our backyard. They were both black and white spotted. The kids were pretty excited and hoped (BEGGED!) to be able to keep them, which of course not in a million years would I ever agree to! They all went to bed last night hoping to greet "their" new-found furry friends. To their utter disappointment, the kitties were no longer to be seen anywhere...although, two of their litter-mates were! We had two new kittens relaxing in our backyard again, this time one was completely jet black, and another (much smaller) black and white one. Then Justin saw Momma Cat, luckily, and by the afternoon they were no longer anywhere to be found around our yard. Then as I'm in my family room and Landon and Ava are playing in the living room we all hear a "cock-a-doodle-doo", which we frequently hear in our neighborhood, but never this loud. My immediate thought is that it's coming from the computer because I had a radio station playing that occassionally plays adds. But Landon put that thought right down the drain when he opened the blinds and immediately proclaimed, "A rooster!" What?! We step outside to find not only one, but two roosters hangin' out in our front yard. This is how close they were to my house.
All I can say is...if this is some kind of sick joke someone's playing on me...I am not amused like my kids are! I fear what I wake up and find tomorrow. Maybe it's time to move!

No comments:

Post a Comment