I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Monday, June 27, 2011

I don't usually like to brag...

But when it comes to my amazing husband, sometimes I just can't hold back. So here's the condensed story of my weekend. A good friend of mine that I visit teach had pretty much the worst nightmare you could ever imagine, happen to her on Friday. Justin came home from work early and took care of the kids while I went to be with my friend for 4 hours that night. Saturday was that friend's birthday, so once again, he watched the kids so I could go take her some breakfast. Then later, she wanted me to come back over to be with her. So Justin was back on kid duty by himself. While I was gone this time, he got all the kids ready for the baptism we were going to later. After we got home from the baptism, he called and got a babysitter so we could go on a date night...usually something I do, but I wasn't really planning on going on date night, so it was nice of him to be so thoughtful. On Sunday I was so wiped out from the very draining previous 2 days, so Justin let me take a nap before we went to church. So, while I was sleeping away, he was watching the kids, AGAIN, and making dinner for after church since we were having the missionaries over. And if you think all this was something....just wait till you hear this. I was supposed to be subbing in Primary doing singing time for one of my friends. I got a text message from a different friend that morning saying she wanted to go to church and wanted me to be her buddy for classes (it's been a long time since she's been to church). I was in a dilemma because I had already committed to my friend to do singing time for her, but felt it was really important to be there for this other friend that wanted to come back to church. When I told Justin I didn't know what to do, he said, "I'll do singing time." So, he brought his teenage Sunday School class into Primary with him and he did singing time both hours, so I could sit with my friend. Then, to top it all off, that night after the missionaries left and our home teacher came and went, Justin set up our bedroom like a day spa complete with aromatic candles and all. He gave me a full body massage to help me relax after such a stressful weekend. This morning, I was back over to help my friend that's having a hard time, and he sacrificed by staying home with the kids and going into work late. I MEAN SERIOUSLY!!! I couldn't have survived this weekend without him. He is THE BEST EVER!!! I think most women would be glad if their husbands did any one of these things I mentioned, but he did them ALL, and in a 3 day period! Wow! He is so amazing. I feel so blessed to have him as my eternal companion!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! :) It's nice to know that our husbands can also hack being the mom for a little while with no problems. And it's totally ok to brag to people every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete