I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I love the chance to spoil and celebrate my babies' daddy, and Fathers Day is one of those perfect times to do it. Justin got to sleep in and then received breakfast in bed, of course! That's also when he got his presents. When me and the kids greeted him in bed I had the kids all dressed up in the ties that they have made for him on previous years for Fathers Day. This is all he says he ever wants for Fathers Day...a new tie made by the kids. He loves it, and they love doing it for him! I thought it was pretty cute to see them all sporting their beautiful creations!I had Landon wear the one that was the new tie for this year...I love the "You Rock" on it. One of those little things that makes me realize Hannah is getting old!Justin also got a new church book on cd from me. He's been very in to listening to them on his commute to work. Then we went to church, but Justin and the girls only stayed for part of it. They left to go visit Justin's dad. That was the other thing Justin said he wanted this year, to spend the day with his dad, if possible (meaning if he wasn't in the hospital). Unfortunately, Landon and Noah both had runny noses, and we couldn't risk Grandpa Bob catching any kind of sickness, so I stayed home with the boys. After church, I decided to go for a drive since I had time to spend before I needed to start making dinner. I actually ended up driving to the cemetery, ironically. It was good for me because it helped me to reflect and think about my dad. It was the perfect place for me to be on Fathers Day. I was glad I happened upon it. Then I headed back home to make Justin's special dinner. Justin said he didn't have a preference as to what I made because he loves everything I make. Well, I had to think of something special and out of the ordinary. I came up with the perfect idea! Rolled tacos, of course! It's pretty much Justin's favorite thing EVER, but I've only ever made it for him once in my life (last year for his birthday) and only with the help of my mom. I decided to brave it on my own for the first time, and they turned out AMAZING! He was so excited! (He only gets these rolled tacos very occassionally at my family dinners when we do a big mexican feast, maybe once a year). I also made super sweet white corn (Justin would have this as our vegetable every night if it were up to him), home made tortilla chips, bean dip and Chipotle rice. We topped it off with strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was so delicious! We felt like we needed to roll to bed because we were so full! Never a good thing....or is it? :-) Here are some pictures of the dinner. Justin must've been excited since he took pictures of it (I didn't even have the table set nice or anything!).I am so thankful for Justin and the wonderful dad he is to our children. They are so lucky to have him as their daddy! They look up to and adore him so much. The highlight of their day (and mine) is always when he gets home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment