16 years ago
Monday, June 20, 2011
Summer Fun!!!
After only the first couple days of Hannah being out of school for the summer, I decided I better think of something quick or else my kids were gonna kill a lot of brain cells this summer....(Wii and tv)! I decided I needed to try and be a better mom than that, so I got creative. This is what I came up with...The Summer Fun bucket.
I had the kids help me make it. It turned out really cute. And this was their reaction when I told them what exactly it was.
I typed up lots of different ideas of things we can do everyday during the summer. We just draw one strip of paper out each night, and then do that idea the next day. They have loved it! And it has definitely been fun for me, too, and helped me strengthen my relationships with them. Here are some of the fun things we've done lately (these were all different days).
An obstacle course in the front yard. I took a picture of all the different stations we had, but was too involved while we were doing it to get any action pictures. We all had a lot of fun, and got some good exercise! It was great, too, because it took a long time to set up and take down. And we did several rounds of it, of course, so it was nice that it wasn't just done in like 15 minutes, but it took a good chunk of our day.
A scavenger hunt inside.
This one also took a while because there were so many clues, and they actually had to search for them. They were loving every minute of it! The best part was what they found as the prize with the last clue...GIANT marshmallows and wooden skewers! So we roasted marshmallows over our stove. I was pretty much the best mom EVER, in their eyes. It was so fun to see their excitement!
Making marshmallow pops. YUM! Very fun, easy and delicious! I definitely recommend doing this with kids.
Writing and illustrating a book. The kids were so creative at coming up with the story. It really surprised me, actually. And their pictures were so cute!
I thought it was worth posting each page, so they could have this memory forever.





Board game day. We didn't get through all of these games, but we played 7 of them, which took pretty much all day. We all took turns choosing a game. It was fun for all!
Having nothing but ice cream (with lots of toppings) for lunch. This one also got me the best mom ever award from my kids. Try it and you'll see what I mean!


The other fun things we've done that I haven't gotten pictures of are: go out to ice cream, make dinner for someone, have a friend over, go to a birthday party, go to the water park and have a picnic. It's been a very fun summer so far, and there's lots more to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a cute idea! I will definitely be using this in the future. :)
ReplyDelete