16 years ago
Thursday, December 9, 2010
A Night in Bethlehem
For our ward Christmas party this year the theme was "A Night in Bethlehem". The Cultural Hall was decorated beautifully like a Bethlehem market, and everyone was supposed to come dressed in period clothing. The "mood lighting" didn't make for great pictures, but hopefully you can get an idea of how amazing it was.

This is where Ava wanted to be all night...right next to "Bingham" (what she calls my friend, Michelle). My kids LOVE her!!!
Justin, Noah and I had the special privilege of being Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus for the program. I was honored that they asked us, but felt a little (okay--A LOT!!!) inadequate. It ended up being a very special experience for me, though. Sitting up on that stage, looking at Noah and really trying to put myself in the role of Mary as I looked down at that sweet baby boy, imagining him to be the Savior of the World made me get emotional. It must've been an amazing experience for Mary to raise the Chosen Child. What a big responsibility she had!


It was the best ward Christmas party I've ever been to, and my mom agreed. The whole experience really brought to life the whole reason we celebrate this season and made it more special for me this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Our ward in Natomas did A Night in Bethlehem last Christmas, and it was so neat to pretend to be in that time. You guys look so cute in your Mary, Joseph costumes. I am sure that would have been emotional to play that role! Looks like a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete