16 years ago
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Happy Birthday Hannah!
Hannah turned 7 years old today...holy cow I'm getting old!!! It was a fun and special day for her because it was the first day of starting our long vacation to Vacaville with her cousins. For dinner she chose for me to make burrito bowls (like her favorite restaurant, Chipotle). I also made her a princess cake, which she of course loved!
From Grandma Kathey and Grandpa Bob she got a fun game and some princess glow shapes to put on her wall.
And a cute jacket from Grandma Judy.
I gave Hannah a choice this year to have a friend birthday party or for me to take her to do something special. She chose to do something with me, which made me feel special. So I ended up surprising her and taking her to the Galena Street East holiday production ealier in the month. It is lots of singing and dancing and beautiful costumes, etc. She loved it, and I did too! While we were there she said to me, "This is way better than a birthday party." That totally surprised me and made me feel really good because I know how much she loves to be with her friends, and at her age, the excitement of getting lots of presents. It was so sweet that she sacrificed those things to do something with me. Hannah-I love you so much and am grateful for the wonderful little girl you are. You have such compassion, you serve so willingly, you're so beautiful and smart, and I love you more than I can say. You amaze me more and more the older you get, and I'm thankful that you have such a strong desire to do what's right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment