I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Another year older!

I had a great birthday this year! We started out the day by going to Empire Mine Historic State Park in Grass Valley where they were having a family festival going on that day. It was so much fun! The kids had a blast. All the workers were dressed up in old era clothes. There was live music, games for the kids, and tours of The Cottage (where the mine owner lived) which they have decorated just as it was when he lived there...very old and beautiful! They also had some pretty awesome old cars and a blacksmith molding metal the old fashioned way. Here are our pictures from the day. These ones were all taken infront of The Cottage house. The house and grounds itself were absolutely gorgeous!This was the water fountain in the front yard.Here is a beautiful water fall and pond on part of the residency grounds. I had to include all of the pictures because of Landon's funny faces!Games for the kids.Some of the cool cars.Hannah making the long descent down into the mine shaft.In the Rose Garden. We ended the day by Justin taking me out on a date to P.F. Chang's for dinner and then to the Music Circus to see "42nd Street". It was amazing! We've been to the Music Circus one other time and it didn't fail to impress either time. We will definitely be going back again! It was such a great birthday and I am so grateful to Justin for always making me feel so special on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment