16 years ago
Friday, August 13, 2010
There are still nice people in the world...
Yesterday I headed out to CVS to get diapers because I knew they were on sale there plus if you spent $10 on Huggies then you got $3 ECB (extra care bucks...their store rewards program), plus I had a $2 off coupon, so I knew I'd be getting a good deal. Well, little did I know how good of a deal I really would get that day. The first thing I did when I walked in the store was scan my Extra Care Bucks Card on the little scanner where it will print you out some coupons. One of the coupons that printed out for me was $1 off of paper towels, which I've been out of for quite some time now. I decided to go check out the price to see if using the coupon would be worth getting them and found that they were on sale...like $4 off the normal price, so decided to go ahead. I got my diapers, too, and headed into the only line that was open. Immediately a nice friendly cashier that was from behind a counter (where they have a register, but it's not a conveyor belt set up, just with a counter you put all your stuff on...kind of like at the jewlery department) said she could help me. She completed my transaction and was VERY nice and friendly the entire time. I was happy to have shopped there and had the experience. When I get out to my car I kind of glanced at my receipt to admire my savings, but didn't think much else into it...until I started driving and was already heading home. I realized I didn't remember seeing the paper towels listed on the receipt, but I did see the $1 off coupon scanned in. So I got my receipt back out to double check and confirmed that yes, infact, I had not been charged for the paper towels, and somehow the coupon for it had still gone through. My very first thought was, "Wow. This is just a blessing from Heavenly Father because we really need it right now." And then of course my guilty conscious had me turning the car around to inconviently go let them know I wasn't charged for the paper towels. I took in my receipt and found my nice cashier lady. She looked it over and said, "Oh, you're right. Don't worry about it, though. I'll just take it out of the inventory. Sorry you had to come back." I asked if she was sure and she said "yes". I couldn't believe it. So then my first thought again was, "Wow. This is a blessing from Heavenly Father because we really need it right now." So not only did I get free paper towels out of it, but my $1 off that was supposed to go towards paper towels ended up going towards diapers, so it was like I had a $3 off coupon intead. I was so happy and grateful! I will definitely be shopping at CVS again. Not in hopes of scoring a deal like this again, but to show my loyalty to places that treat their customers well, because in my experience that doesn't happen very much anymore these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Mary I emailed you about the shoe! I would love to get it back. I still have the other one. :) Lmk if you want me to pay for shipping or whatever. SO SO glad you found it! I had a similar thing happen to me...glad to know there are still nice people in this world!
ReplyDelete