16 years ago
Monday, May 10, 2010
My Wonderful Mothers Day!
Justin never seems to disappoint when it comes to holidays, and this Mothers Day was no exception! First of all, I got to sleep in, which was so wonderful! Then I was wakened by Justin saying, "Breakfast is ready." Immediately the heavenly aroma filled my nasal passages and I knew I was in for a real treat. He made scrambled eggs, potato pancake patties and cinnamon rolls (which he knew I've been wanting). Mmmm....mmmm...mmmm! It was so yummy, and I was totally full clear through until after church, so I skipped lunch. Church was nice. All the women got beautiful roses and a See's chocolate bar. Hannah, Landon and Ava all made me cards in their classes. After church I was able to lay down for a little while, which was really nice. Then I, again, got up to a house filled with delicious aromas. Justin made my all-time favorite meal, Creamy Spinach and Tortellini (thanks, Montez, for the recipe!). We also had rolls and Buttery Cooked Carrots. For dessert we had yummy brownies, and Shari's Berries (compliments of Sister Lambson, who was our dinner guest because she had no other plans, and we decided she shouldn't be alone for Mother's Day). It was all so good. I opened my presents, which were some special art work made by Hannah at school, and best of all...A GIFT CARD TO GO GET MY HAIRCUT!!! YEA!!! And if you've seen my hair lately, you know what a big deal that is. I haven't had a haircut in a year and a half, and I'm really paying for it. I know that's especially sad since I'm a licensed cosmetologist, but hey...it just hasn't been a priority financially. So, needless to say, I am so excited! I'll probably look like a whole new person after I get it cut. I'll try to remember to take before and after pictures so you can see what I mean. Anyways, it was a very wonderful and special day. My kids were so sweet and made sure to give me lots of hugs and kisses and cuddles and "happy mother's day" wishes (well, Ava just kept saying "hi" in her sweet little innocent voice...it was so cute!). And Justin treated me like a queen. Thank you so much to my amazing husband and kids for making me feel so good and special! I love you guys so much! Oh, and I wish I had gotten pictures of the dinner table because Justin set it so pretty, but I didn't even think about it. Oh well! Maybe next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment