I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mother Goose Preschool Fieldtrip

The Japanese exchange students were going on a fieldtrip to one of our local preschools/afterschool programs, and I knew my kids would love it, so we tagged along. All the cute girls were loving Noah!Landon and Ava had fun coloring.One of the things the Japanese girls were doing for the American children was writing their names in Japanese calligraphy, called Kanji (pronounced con-jee). It was fascinating to watch, and it turned out beautiful! I had each of my kids' names done.They also taught origami (paper folding). Landon really connected with two of the boys, Takara and Kodai. After making paper balls and airplanes they had so much fun playing together. It was so cute to watch!Hannah loved doing origami with all the different girls.Then we got to take a tour of the school and Landon and Takara wanted a picture together.It was funny because Chiyomi told me that Takara was saying he wants Landon to be his little brother. And Landon, of course, was loving every second of the attention! They were too cute together. Now Takara even wants to come to our house to play with Landon sometime. That will be fun to see, considering they don't speak the same language (Takara knows very little english), but they communicate through play. I love seeing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment