I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Sad Day

After 3 years and 8 months as first councelor in the Primary Presidency, I was released on Sunday. It was surprisingly a very emotional day for me. You'd think being a stay-at-home-mom to three little kids I would welcome the break to get away from kids at church and be back to some adult time. But the truth is...I AM SO SAD!!! I was crying like a baby on Sunday, and they probably thought I was crazy. I have really grown attatched to those kids and I love them so much! They are amazing spirits and have helped my testimony grow in many ways. This calling was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. When I first got the calling I remember feeling so overwhelmed and inadequate and thinking, they must've made a mistake...I don't think I'll be any good at this calling. If you know me you know that I have a HUGE fear of speaking in front of people and that even teaching sunbeams or nursery was a big deal to me. Having this calling has helped my confidence grow so much! I became completely comfortable in front of the kids, and it gave me a lot of good experience that was much needed. I really feel like I could've stayed in Primary the rest of my life and been happy, but the Lord knows best and I just have to trust that. This calling also gave me the chance to work with some really amazing women, some of whom are my best friends now. As first counselor I went through 4 different 2nd counselors, 3 different presidents, 2 different secretaries, and I was the 1 over those last 3 years and 8 months that remained constant for those kids. Pretty cool! I am now the Activity Days leader, which I am very excited about! I've had the calling before in a different ward, and I loved it. I'm thrilled to still be involved with Primary in some way, and look forward to whatever else may lie ahead for me.

1 comment:

  1. You served them well, Mary! Yay for being the Activity Days leader! That will be a fun calling. :)

    ReplyDelete