I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had such a wonderful, quiet, and yummy Thanksgiving. My mom was here with us and Justin made it such a special day! He did ALL the cooking...aren't you jealous that I have the best husband in the world?! Don't hate me for it. :-) He set the table beautifully! More decorationsHe created a progressive meal, so we were eating all throughout the day, every few hours. It was amazing!!! And it was great to do it that way so we never got too full. We started out with some yummy home made pumpkin-apple bread and fruit.Then we had delicious chocolate fondue with all the dippers you see here... Next, we had crackers and brie cheese with a carmel pecan fruit topping (which actually didn't sound good to me, but it was OH SO DELICIOUS!!!) and french bread with a spicey cheese spread. Then came spinach salad topped with fruit, candied pecans and cheese and drizzled with a raspberry vinaigrette. And finally we had our main meal...(sour cream/dill marinated cucumbers, sweet potatoe casserole (which was the BEST I've ever had...and he didn't even use a recipe!), diced/herbed red potatoes, grilled snow peas/green beans/aparagus and filet minon (once again...the best steak I've ever had!) The meal was divine and I couldn't have been more grateful for Justin putting all that work in to make it a special day for us. He never ceases to amaze me. We ended the day by going to Mark and Bridget's house for dessert and some fun rounds of mafia. It was a great day! I will finish by listing just a few of the things I am most thankful for: my savior, my unbelievable husband, my 4 adorable kids, my mom, my home, Justin's business, the temple, my awesome sisters, and my close friends. I have a wonderful life and so much to be grateful for. I'm glad we have this time of year to celebrate it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment