16 years ago
Thursday, October 7, 2010
What do you do when you need a break from life?
When I'm having a rough day and feel like I can't function anymore the kids know it's time to hop in the car and take a drive. This is where we always go...
Why would we go anywhere else when we have the smallest mountain range in the world so close to us?! It takes about 15 minutes to drive to them. They are peaceful and beautiful and always seem to take me to a place mentally where I can just relax and enjoy the scenery. Here is the view from driving through the Buttes.
And the last couple times we've gone for our drive (yes, this happens more often than maybe it should) I found myself intruiged and driving through here on our way home.
Look at all the flowers!
I think this will become a regular on our drives from now on. I used to always be kind of afraid of cemeteries, but there's something about this one that has made me appreciate them more. I guess it makes me think about life and how it can end at any moment, without notice. It's a good reminder to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love going to cemeteries. I am always looking for the old hidden ones...and boy have I found some.
ReplyDeleteOn my mission I had a companion that loved to have lunch at the nearby cemetaries, and I thought she was weird until I finally gave in. I actually found it all very peacful. I had a good friend die today, and I was very emotional, so thank you for reminding me in a subtle way that I will see her again. :)
ReplyDelete