16 years ago
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Growing up too fast!
Tonight at the dinner table Justin made a comment about something being "familiar". Hannah said with an attitude, "No it's not familiar." I responded by telling her not to say that because she doesn't even know what "familiar" means. She very matter-of-factly stated, "Well you need to teach me what words mean because I'm gonna grow up soon." How sad is that?! My little baby that is only 6 years old is going to grow up soon. It got a laugh out of me for sure, but also definitely made me think.....SHE'S RIGHT!!! Sometimes being a stay at home mom is hard for me and I just long for the days when my kids are more grown, but Hannah made me realize tonight that I need to calm down and enjoy life a little more. There will be a day (sooner than I think, probably) that I'll look back and say, "I wish my kids were little again. I miss my babies." I want to enjoy it while I can. I really do love my kids so much! They are a major blessing in my life, and I am so grateful for them! They are such great kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Kid are so much fun!!! Can't wait for the next Dinner group! Let us know what you are planning..Hope you are having a good week!!
ReplyDelete