16 years ago
Friday, February 10, 2012
"Something New" Date Night
Sometimes I try to be creative with our dates, and tonight was one of those times. The theme for the night was "Something New". Everything we would do would be something we've never done before. To start it out right I got Justin a new shirt to wear for the evening....I must say he looked H-O-T!!! Then throughout the rest of the night I would give Justin two words, and depending on which word he chose that would determine our next destination. The first words were "fast" or "slow". Justin chose fast, so we headed to Fast Track Hobbies to do some slot-car racing. It was totally old school, but we had a really fun time racing and feeling like kids again! (The slow option would have been indoor glow-in-the-dark mini golf.)The next choices were "long" or "short". He chose long, so we went to dinner at Paul Martin's American Bistro, which took a lot longer than the other dinner option would have (Noodles and Company, which is like cafeteria style). The bistro was a nice sit down place with servers. The food was amazing and tasted so fresh.The last option was "hot" or "cold". Justin's choice was hot, so we went to the store to pick out a game we've never played and then took it to The Fountains to play it by the fire, although you can't see the fire in the picture.The game was kind of cheesy, but it was still fun, and nice to be by the fire. The cold option would've been to go to the outdoor iceskating rink. It was an awesome night full of fun choices. I feel so blessed to have an amazing husband that goes along with my [sometimes] crazy ideas. I love having date night with him. It gives me something to look forward to every week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We are doing our own version of this date tonight. Except I'm calling it "Choose your own adventure." Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDelete