I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, it's a new year, and I can definitely excited to see where the new year takes us. Life this past year has been an adventure and I am ready for things to settle down. :-) Last night we had a great time going out and celebrating. We started the evening by going to dinner at BJ's with our friends Charles and Lanea Smurthwaite. They are new friends of ours and we had endless conversations. It was fun getting to know them better. They had other things going on for the rest of the evening, so after dinner we went our seperate ways. We headed to downtown Sacramento to meet up with Justin's siblings. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas still. It was so fun to see it all. It was a very happening place for New Year's Eve, but I can definitely say that I will not be going there again on that night. It was pretty scary. There were lots of gang members, drunk people, etc. We had a lot of fun with our family, so the company was good, but the environment wasn't the greatest. It was exciting to watch the fireworks, but we were happy to drive off and be on our way back home and return safely to our sleeping kids. Bring on the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment