I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A sad, sad day

Today my father-inlaw passed away after a short struggle with Leukemia. It has been a very emotionally exhausting few days, to say the least. The one good thing I can say about it all is that I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation. I know Bob is in a better place right now and that we will get to see him again one day. I don't know how I would get through times like this without that knowledge. It was amazing to have almost every single family in his hospital room as he took his last breath. It was great to have that room filled with a lot of love and support. It was also nice to have all of us at the hospital for a couple of days together. We camped in the waiting room, got very little sleep and became closer than ever. It was an experience that really brought us together as a family, and I will forever be grateful for that. Another thing I am very thankful for is that a couple weeks ago Justin and I had the priviledge of going to the temple with Bob for the first time. It was a very spiritual experience and is something I will never forget. Sitting in the Celestial room next to him, with his arm around me and me bawling like a little baby was a sweet memory I will always keep with me. This last Christmas where the entire family was together, and the many days over the last couple weeks where we all gathered together to just be with eachother are all unforgettable moments that I am so grateful to have. I think the thing I am most sad about is my kids. They are completely heart-broken. They love their Grandpa Bob. He was the only grandpa they really knew or had. It will be difficult for them to not have him around anymore, but luckily they understand that they will get to see him again. Time will pass, and I am sure we will all be a little less sad, but one thing is for sure...WE WILL NEVER FORGET HIM!!! We love you, Bob!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I have been waiting SO LONG for some updates on your blog! I am again so sorry for the loss of such an amazing man, father, friend and grandpa to your many family members and to those who knew him. The plan of salvation is so real, and I am sure without that knowledge many hearts would and are slow to heal with loss of our loved ones! What a beautiful plan it is! Hugs to you! I will be excited to read more updates!

    ReplyDelete