I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thoughts

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope all of you have enjoyed this special day as much as I have. I love that we have a whole day to celebrate things that we are thankful for. I usually start the day by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but we don't have cable or satellite anymore so I missed out on that. I was a little bummed about it, but I'm over it now. I spent most of the morning preparing food, and then we headed off to Vacaville. My sister, Angela, and her family were hosting some of my family this year. We had a traditional (non-traditional for my family) Thanksgiving meal, and let me just say...IT WAS BEYOND DELICIOUS!!! I didn't realize what I've been missing all these years. :-) We need to have this meal more often. It was a 10 out of 10 in my book, and everyone else seemed to agree. I made the sweet potato casserole and a green bean/corn casserole, both of which turned out amazing! It was a really nice day filled with great company and great food. We enjoyed being lazy and enjoying good conversation. We missed those who could not be there. I am so happy to be able to reflect on some of the things I am most grateful for in my life. They are probably not much different than any other year, but each year things take on different or more powerful meanings. This year I am most grateful for the Atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I had an experience this year that allowed me to understand the Atonement more fully, and see it's healing power not of sin, but of pain and sadness. I came to have such a deeper appreciation for what He went through for me, without having any sin at all, ever! It's amazing the hurt and pain he took on willingly for all of us. I am forever grateful for that. Another thing I am so grateful for this year is some amazing family and friends. I went through the most difficult year of my life, by far, and I had some family and friends that stood by me with unconditional love and support, no questions asked. It made me realize how blessed I am to have them in my life. Another thing that took on greater meaning to me this year that I am so grateful for is the temple. During times when I felt I was in total despair, I was able to feel the love of my Heavenly Father and Savior in the temple. I had an experience in the temple earlier this year that allowed me to feel their love and presence more abundantly than I ever have before in my life, and it was just what I needed to perservere. It is an experience I will never forget. It strengthened my testimony so much. I am also very grateful to have a roof over my head, to have a loving husband and wonderful kids. I have so much in my life to be thankful for, and I am glad that I've been able to reflect on those things today.

No comments:

Post a Comment