I am, once again, VERY behind on my blog! I have been totally lazy at it, but I am determined to catch up.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Going Away Party

Well, it's official...we have a house and are for sure moving, in a week, actually! Some of our best friends, the McAlisters, were so nice to throw us a going away party tonight. It was a lot of fun, but very sad at the same time. As one of my best friends walked out the door to leave I knew it was the last time I'd see her before I moved, and I started to get emotional. I was able to pull myself together, though, and continue enjoying the other friends we had there. It was so cute...they had a poster there for everyone to write reasons why we should stay in Yuba City.
I don't need anyone to convince me why I should stay. I WANT TO STAY!!! But, it just doesn't make sense for our family anymore. Unfortunately, we know that moving is the right decision for us. The poster made me smile, though. Here are some of our amazing friends that we will never forget! Kenni McAlister and Jessica Oakes
Montez Barrow,one of my very best friends for life! (and her baby, Olivia) and Linda Seamons
Courtney and Kenni McAlister, the wonderful hosts of the party, and some of our best friends. We will never, ever forget these amazing people! They have seriously touched our lives in more ways than we can explain!
Scott Oakes and Gene Barrow
I am sad that I didn't get a picture of everyone that was there. I missed Bishop Seamons, the Solomons and the Landons. They also had this really cute cake that says, "Later Alligator".
I'm really liking that they put "later" instead of "goodbye" or something like that. We will see these friends again. I know we will. They have become too important in our lives to let a little hour drive get between us. Thanks to the McAlisters for hosting the wonderful party and to the Seamons for helping plan the party, and to all those that came. It made us feel so special! We love you and will always remember you!

No comments:

Post a Comment