I know I've been saying I want to start a blog for a long time now. Well, with the New Year I made it one of my resolutions...so here I am! I even pretty much figured it all out on my own (with help from Justin on how to get pictures onto my computer from the camera). I'm very excited, but I'm warning y'all that I'm really doing this as a scrabbook/journal for my family, not for everyone else. So you are definitely welcome to read and follow along, but this is for me and my family mostly. For my first post I would like to start off by giving a summary of the important things that happened in 2009 for the Prillwitz Family.
February-Justin and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary! I can't believe it's been that many years, but at the same time it feels like we've been together forever (in a good way, ofcourse!).
April-Justin turned the
BIG 30. I can't believe it. What an old man...and a pretty HOT one at that! We had a small surprise celebration with some of Justin's favorite people, and boy was he surprised! :-)
May-We went on an RV roadtrip as a family. We stopped in Utah to visit with some of our best friends that moved away.



Then we continued on to South Dakota to be at Justin's brother's college graduation. It wasn't a very exciting place to visit, but atleast I can say I've been there. We went on to Arizona to visit my Grandma, who had cancer, and died soon after.


While there we got to have a blast visiting with lots of our family.



Then on our way back home we stopped in San Diego (mine and Justin's favorite place to go)



and Disney Land, where some of our friends guided us around and helped us be able to do pretty much everything we wanted in one day.



It was an amazing trip. Long, but fun. I was exhausted by the time we got home and was ready for a relaxing vacation. Also in May Landon turned 2 years old. He's our cute little boy that is just so darn sweet!
August-I turned 25, which was actually harder on me than I thought it would be. I realized I'm not "the young one" anymore, and now I'm closer to 30 than 20. WEIRD!!! The big mileston for the month, though, was that our oldest daughter, Hannah, started Kindergarten. Now how's that for making you feel old?! She's doing so well and is loving it. Her teacher loves her, she's ahead of her grade level in most areas, and she's made lots of friends, ofcourse. She's learning to read, too, but isn't loving that part of it.
September-Our baby, Ava, turned 1 year old. Crazy how fast the time went. She's our fiesty little stinker, and very smart for her age. She's into everything and is always trying to keep up with her big sister and brother.
November-This month was probably our most memorable month ever. First of all it's when Justin sealed the deal and became the Master Franchise of Doctors Express for Northern Cali and part of Nevada. It was a day we celebrated and will remember for the rest of our lives. Another very special day this month was Thanksgiving day because that's when I competed in my very 1st race ever. I ran a 5K from start to finish and did it in exactly 45 minutes, which was my goal. It was a huge goal and victory of mine and something I am very proud of. Even during the race I didn't think I'd be able to finish it (running the whole time), but I did it and I was so excited! Here are some pictures from after the race. Some of our friends went and did it, too.
December- Hannah turned 6 years old and doesn't have to be in a booster seat anymore....YEA!!! She had a small party with her 2 closest friends, and it was just perfect and so much fun!

On Christmas we went to the snow with Justin's family and had a really great time (minus the grouchy Ava).

Well, it was a hard year with a lot of challenges, but also some major miracles and blessings. I'm excited for this new year and will try to be good at keeping up to date on it.
Welcome to the blogging world!!! :) So happy you decided to start a blog so I can see you and your cute family, it really is such a fun way to keep in touch!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new blog!
ReplyDeleteStop by and visit mine anytime.
What a fun and eventful year for you guys! I can't believe Hannah has started Kindergarden already! Geez these kids grow fast! I love your blogger background and the layout and stuff! Very cool.
ReplyDeleteNext time you do a 5k I will totally do it with you. I have wanted to do that for years, but I just haven't had the motivation or time to spend training for it...no excuses though.
I enjoyed reading it! Love ya! Ash
Thank you for letting me know about your blog! I love to find out how everyone is doing. You have such a cute family. Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDeleteYay! Welcome to the blog world! Its fun to see what you and your family are up to! I'm impressed about you running a 5k, I'm not sure if I could ever do that! Good for you! Can't wait to see what goes on in your family! :)
ReplyDeleteMARY MARY MARY!!!! I am so excited you started a blog, welcome to the blogging world my friend. I've missed you tons! Mike and I are moving out to Sacto this month, we need to see each other. Maybe we can at least meet half way (if you're still in Yuba?) Love you!
ReplyDeleteMarie
Hooray! Welcome to the blog life! :)
ReplyDeleteCute blog! Gratz on getting it up!
ReplyDeleteWell, I have yet to join the blogging world, but I do fb, so that is how i do it. Loved to FINALLY have pictures to see. The kids are DANG cute. Now I just have to remember to check back (that's why it's hard for me to get into blogging).
ReplyDeleteYeah Mary - I'm glad you started a blog - I love seeing what others are up to (even if I do get to see you fairly regularly:)
ReplyDelete