16 years ago
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Sunday Smiles :-)
Today after church, while I was making dinner, the kids were playing very nicely together. I wasn't paying too close attention to what they were playing, other than I heard something about crocodiles. Not too long after, Ava comes over and seems very concerned as she repeated over and over, "Crocodiles take my blankie!" Justin confirmed, "The crocodiles took your blankie?" Getting even more upset she responded, "Yes." Then she proceded to say "Crocodiles take my blankie" with a tone that escaladed into an eventual break down and freak out! She was crying and screaming and acting completely terrified as if those darn crocodileS were right there in our family room eating away at her warm, cuddley blanket! Justin and I were cracking up, but eventually were able to get her to calm down and make her realize the "pretend crocodiles" that they were talking about in their playing, were just that...PRETEND! I think we might have a little actress on our hands. Maybe she'll be rich and famous, if she's that good at getting into the role at 2 years of age. :-)
Then later, while Landon was playing with his basketball, I noticed he had changed his shirt. He originally had on a red jersey shirt with a small picture of a basketball player on it. His new attire was another jersey, but this one had no picture, just numbers...like a real jersey. When I asked him what happened to the shirt he had on his response (all the while never taking a break from shooting his ball) was, "This one has numbers on it. That one didn't." So then I realize, he's serious about this basketball stuff. He doesn't want just some little kid fake jersey...he wants the real deal, a grown up jersey with numbers on it. Too cute! He then continues to tell me about the teams that are "playing" by saying, "The boys are wearing gold and the girls are wearing silverware." Haaaa haaa haaaa! Gave me a good laugh! I didn't know girls could wear silverware, but I guess I'll have to try it someday.
MY KIDS MAKE ME SMILE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment